Jeopardy! Black History and Heart Health Awareness Edition. Today in the WARM Center lobby, immediately after service, we’ll transition into our fellowship activity, Jeopardy! Teams will compete against each other for prizes while discussing black women in history and heart disease. There will also be a light lunch.
Trip to see Jesus the play
All tickets for the Jesus play in Lancaster on March 30th must be paid in full today, Feb. 17th. Please contact Sister Deborah Taylor at 412-758-9385 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
- Coffee & Conversation with the Langston Hughes Poetry Society: This free event will feature the work of Langston Hughes and original works inspired by the icon! Saturday, February 23rd from 12-2 pm at Everyday Café.
- Come to Everyday Café for a winter picnic featuring your favorites like pulled chicken, baby back ribs, and tasty sides like mac & cheese, green beans, fried cabbage and more from IGH 412 Smoked Meats. Next Sunday, February 24th from 11am – 3pm. Tickets must be purchased at the register the day of the event. Tickets are 18.99 for adults and 9.99 for children.
Ministry Fair: Save-the-date
Our first church-wide ministry fair will be held after church service Sunday, March 31. God has gifted all of us with unique talents and abilities to build and serve His Kingdom, so let’s put them to use! There will be refreshments, games, raffles, and tables for you to learn more about BC ministries and how you can get involved!
All ministry leaders please plan to attend a brief meeting after service next Sunday on February 24th regarding the ministry fair.
Paid Internship Program
Bible Center is teaming up with Connections 4 Success, Davis and Associates, and Eminent Hospitality to bring teens and young adults ages 16 – 24, Literacy for Life. This program is designed to equip young people with emotional, financial, food and job literacy skills for a successful transition into adulthood. Participants receive paid internship placements, paid workshops, mentoring, and more! Sign-up at bit.ly/literacyforlife. For more info call the church office at 412-242-4920 or email Cynthia Wallace at email@example.com .
Children & Youth
Awards: Today is the last day to
submit report cards to Sister
Stephanie Lewis or Sister Kiva Fisher-Green. Report cards can also be
emailed to ChildrenAndYouth@bcpgh.org .
Students with A's and/or B's will be recognized next week with a monetary award
and a trophy.
- Memory Verse: “For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.” Matthew 6:21 (NIV) Kindergartners-6th graders remember if you recite your memory verse next Sunday including the book, chapter, and verse number during Children's Church you will receive a prize point.
Girls ages 3-6 Worship and Movement Classes
Bible Center is launching a dance ministry for girls ages 3-6! There will be 2 classes a month, on Saturdays at 10:30-11:15am at the WARM Center until Easter (6 total classes). The first class is Saturday, February 23rd. Parents/guardians are required to stay with their child during the classes. Children will be ministering during the Easter program. The fee for the class is $25. Scholarships are available. To register your child for the class or to learn more, please contact Kerri Clauser at 412-346-8296.
Bible Center has tickets for the Greater Pittsburgh Community Leaders Prayer Breakfast at the David Lawrence Convention Center on Friday, March 29th at 7:15 - 9 a.m. If interested please see Pastor Cynthia or sign up for tickets at the Information Table.
Kudos, Concerns & Other Opportunities
Three of our Bible Center family have recently lost loved ones. Shawn Thomas lost his aunt, Henrietta Springs, Nkem Chikwendu has lost her grandmother, and Pastor Cynthia has lost her cousin, Robert Fulton. Please join us as we lift Shawn, Nkem, Pastor Cynthia and their families in prayer.
- Petra International Ministries is hosting the
Citizen’s Response to An Active Shooter Workshop in partnership with
The Pittsburgh Bureau of Police Wednesday, February 20th from
6-7:30pm at 235 East Gate dr, Pittsburgh, PA 15235. For more info please call
- The Civic Leadership Academy is a free, 11-week course that encourages more informed, effective and inspired community and civic leadership by giving City residents an opportunity to learn about their local government. The application deadline is February 28th, and the Academy will begin at the end of March. To learn more and/or apply visit http://pittsburghpa.gov/oca/cla
- To promote and maintain interest in engineering and the sciences, the Society of American Military Engineers Pittsburgh Post will present a continuing education award to deserving high school students to attend SAME Engineering and Construction Camps. The Post will pay for the cost of camp and up to $400 for travel expenses. Apply online at http://www.same.org/stemcamps and select the Pittsburgh Post as the sponsoring post by March 15th 2019. For more info contact Deb Chiaraluna at http://firstname.lastname@example.org or 412 651-0047
- The Pitt Community Engagement Center (CEC) located at 622 N. Homewood Ave. has several events and movie nights planned during Black History Month. Stop by the bulletin board in the lobby for dates and details.
- The CEC will also be hosting a Manufacturing Assistance Center information session on Tuesday, March 5th from 5-7pm. The Manufacturing Assistance Center offers advanced manufacturing training and job placement assistance.