We truly appreciate your expressions of love for our 15th Pastoral Anniversary. It is an honor to serve with you at Bible Center. We are looking forward to all that God has planned for the next 15 years! Thank you again for your love and most importantly for your faithfulness to God’s vision for Bible Center. Pastors John and Cynthia
If you are interested in learning more about Bible Center and membership, please join us for Exploring Membership on Saturday, December 7th at 9 a.m. at the Triplex (7238 Fleury Way). This class is an informal opportunity for us to get to know each other and not a commitment to membership. Light breakfast will be served. Please RSVP to Sister Bernice Perkins at 412-242-4920 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are in immediate of need volunteers to support our afterschool program at both Faison and Lincoln elementary on weekdays between the hours of 3 and 6pm. Volunteers will help with homework and engaging children in activities. If interested, please contact program manager India Harris at 412-242-4920 or email email@example.com.
- Thanksgiving Hours – Grab your
sweet potato pie spice lattes while you can! Everyday Café will close at
noon on November 23rd and reopen on Monday, December 2nd.
- Family Friendly Spoken Word – Friday, December 6th, 6-8pm. Take the mic and raise your voice, or come out simply to enjoy some family-friendly spoken word and expression! This event is FREE and open to all.
- AAMI Boys Choir Christmas Concert – Saturday, December 14th, 1pm at Everyday Café. Get in the holiday spirit with complimentary cookies and your favorite Christmas carols sung by the Afro American Music Institute Boys Choir! This event is free and open to all.
- Women's Bible Study – Join us as we continue our study of Esther Saturday, December 7th at 9am at Everyday Cafe.
- Annual Christmas Tea – Sunday, December 15th at 1pm,
Please join the women of Bible Center for holiday high tea. There will be a brief meeting after service today for those who are helping to plan the event.
Pop Up Mall
Please help spread the word about our upcoming Pop Up Mall - Saturday, December 7 from 9 am until 4 pm. Sign-ups are open for vendors at bcpgh.info/popup. The Pop Up Mall is also a great place to pick up some thoughtful gifts for loved ones or treat yourself! Flyers for distribution are available at the information table.
Children and Youth Ministry
- Final CY
Meeting of the 2019: Next Sunday we
will have our final meeting of the year. All those in the Children and
Youth Ministry including those that served with family events (Easter and Back to School), field trips, Children's
Church, BC Kids, Kingdom Kids, First Fridays, and College Signing Day are
encouraged to attend as we reflect
on 2019 and plan for 2020. We will meet in the WARM Center
sanctuary towards the front approximately 1:15p-3:00p. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
Needs: We are seeking a
co-pilot to ride to pick up the young people on December 8th.
We are also looking for ministers for the Christmas Family Event - two people
to serve and clean up the food at the beginning and one person to go around
with the 5th and 6th graders during the event. Please
contact Debralyn Woodberry-Shaw at ChildrenAndYouth@bcpgh.org or leave a message at (412) 242-4920 if you can help.
- First Fridays: Middle and High Schoolers this
month's First Fridays will be this Friday, December 6th
6:30p-9:30p. Please RSVP to Sister Debralyn Woodberry-Shaw by this
Wednesday, November 27th if you are coming and if you need transportation.
Family Event: Families of
preschoolers-6th graders please join us after service on December 8th for food,
games, and giveaways! RSVP by next Sunday, December 1st to Debralyn
Woodberry-Shaw at ChildrenAndYouth@bcpgh.org or leave a message at (412) 242-4920.
- BC Kids and Children’s Church Holiday Schedule: The last two of the year will be held November 24th and December 8th. Young people will stay in the main church service for the Christmas Program on December 22nd.
Kudos, Concerns & Other Opportunities:
- The Maker's Clubhouse needs part-time staff M-F, 3 - 6 p.m.
at Lincoln Elementary School. We are
also hiring a full-time Assistant Manager to help with administrative and
program duties across the program. Please
contact the church office for additional information. Employment inquiries
should go through Steve Davis at email@example.com.
Start is seeking a program director for their Hello Baby Priority Program. The Project
Director will manage all members of the Hello Baby Priority team, all program
activities and the program budget. Social work licensure and experience with
reflective supervision highly preferred. Resume and cover letters should be
sent to HR@hsipgh.org by December 20, 2019 to be considered. Please
visit bcpgh.info for the link to the full job description.
Academy is seeking a parent outreach consultant to develop and support the execution of a parent engagement plan to support
the recruitment and enrollment of students and families. Please visit https://catalystacademy.org/parent-outreach-consultant/
for more information.
- Elite Staffing Company is hiring for general labor positions in the McKees Rocks Area. The pay rate is $9.60 per hour, 1st and 2nd shift positions are available. For more info contact Shunai Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org or (412) 537- 2629.