Service Change Reminder Due to the Pittsburgh Marathon we will not have service on Sunday, May 5th. Service will take place on May 4th at 11am at the WARM Center.
Playground and Garden Clean Up Day Saturday, May 11th from 10 am to 2 pm we will be cleaning and prepping the outdoor classroom and KaBoom Playground for the Summer. We will be cleaning, removing trash, adding mulching to the playground and garden, and weeding/planting in the garden spaces. Lunch will be provided during the event. Contact Casey Clauser with any questions at 412-350-9641 or email@example.com.
Graduation Announcements If you will be graduating from high school, trade, college or graduate school, send us your graduation announcements so we can celebrate you! Please send all announcements to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday, April 25th.
- Coffee & Conversation: Urban Gardening - Monday, April 22, 6-8pm at Everyday Café. Learn about urban gardening from local organizations and how you can get involved in a community garden near you! The panel discussion will be followed by a start your own seed activity. This event is free and open to the public.
- Spring Picnic - Sunday, April 28th from 11 am – 3 pm, come to Everyday Café to enjoy your favorites like smoked beef and chicken, baby back ribs, and tasty sides like mac & cheese, green beans, fried cabbage and more from IGH 412 Smoked Meats. Tickets must be purchased at the register the day of the event. Tickets are 18.99 for adults and 9.99 for children.
- World Café: Taste of India - Monday, April 29th from 6-8 pm. Share a Taste of India with Jay Iyengar of Popping Mustard Seeds. We’ll have a cooking demonstration and offerings from local Indian restaurants. Adults 9.99, children are free.
Easter Egg Hunt: Our Easter Egg Hunt will begin 5 minutes after service is over. The hunt is taking place at the KaBOOM! Playground next to our Administrative Offices (7238 Fleury Way 15208). If your child is in Children's Church, you can pick them up from the Playground or wait for them to return to the WARM Center after the hunt.
Zoo Field Trip: All young people (preschool-high school) are invited to the Zoo on May 11th. Preschool parents/guardians must attend with their child. Light lunch and transportation within 2 miles are provided. Please see Debralyn Woodberry-Shaw or email ChildrenAndYouth@bcpgh.org if your child would like to attend or you would like to chaperone. Limited tickets available.
Vacation Bible School: As you reflect today on what Christ did for you on the cross, please prayerfully consider ministering at Vacation Bible School. This year VBS is Monday, June 17 - Friday, June 21, 2019. We need you to be the hands and feet of God. Last summer, we served 56 children and 27 rededicated or dedicated their life to Christ. This was possible because our ministers allowed God to use them. A complete list of our needed roles with responsibilities and time commitments is on the table in the lobby. Please contact Debralyn Woodberry-Shaw at ChildrenAndYouth@bcpgh.org if you want more information or would like to minister. Mandatory Minister Training Dates: May 4th, May 26th, and June 2nd (all immediately after service in the WARM Center sanctuary) - you'll only need to attend one.
Memory Verse: “...those the Father has given to me will come to me, and I will never reject them.” John 6:37 (NLT) Kindergartners-6th graders remember if you recite your memory verse next Sunday including the book, chapter, and verse number during Children's Church you will receive a prize point.
Men’s Ministry Outing: Men’s Ministry is planning a kickoff outing on Tuesday, April 30th for dinner and a movie! We will meet for dinner at Southside Works Cheesecake Factory at 5:30 pm and head over to the Southside Works Cinema for the 7 pm showing of The Kingdom Men Rising: No More Excuses documentary by Tony Evans. Attendees are only responsible for the cost of dinner. All interested men should sign-up at the information table in the lobby after service or email email@example.com.
Women’s Ministry - Save the Date: Saturday, May 18th 6 p.m.: Look Deep Before You Leap!: A real conversation about things to consider before, during and after marriage! Join us for an engaging evening with discussion led by women who have been there!
Green STEAM & Play: Summer Camp: Register your rising 3rd – 6th graders for 6 weeks of FREE, STEAM-focused fun! June 24 – August 2, Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 3 pm. Campers will play sports & games, go on field trips, and conduct hands-on experiments and engineering challenges, cooking lessons and more! Limited transportation is available for children in Homewood and East Hills. To fill out an application visit bit.ly/gspsummercamp. For more info please contact program manager, India Harris at 412-242-4920 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Kudos, Concerns & Other Opportunities
The Pittsburgh Chapter of the Gospel Music Workshop of America (GMWA) – Invites you to participate in our Annual Spring Workshop/Concert Thursday, April 25 through Sunday, April 28, 2019. REHEARSALS: Thursday & Fridays Evenings from 7:00 - 9:00 pm, Saturday 9:00 am until 1:00 pm. Workshop Donation: $18 (Includes lunch), CONCERT: Sunday, April 28, 2019 at 4:00p (free will offering) For more information contact: Maxcine Groce: 412-613- 0059 or John Burwell: 412-403-6125
Worker’s Meeting – The Church of God
in Christ First Jurisdiction of Western Pennsylvania will hold its 70th
Spring Worker’s Meeting from Monday, April 22 through Sunday, April
28. Bishop James M. Foster will give the
official annual message on Sunday, April 28, at 2 pm, located at 2502 Centre
Ave. For details on services from April 22 through
April 27, please see the bulletin board in the lobby or visit bcpgh.info/announcements.
- Annual Homewood Block Party – Young children and their families are invited to enjoy an afternoon of free activities, food, performances, and resource information at the Homewood Early Learning Hub (7219 Kelly Street) on Saturday, April 27th from 11 am – 2 pm.