Helping Hands - Sister Trashawnda Ward is home recovering from surgery for the next month. Her Bible Center family is demonstrating love (preparing and delivering meals (or ordering from GrubHub J) for the next 2 weeks. A sign-up sheet is in the lobby. The Ward's address is 373 Stoneledge Dr., Penn Hills, 15235. Trashawnda's number is 412-720-2034.
Bible Study Resources
Bible Center we have a subscription to an online library of resources for Bible study, small groups and teaching preparation. You can access the portal at grace101.org. The login is bcp (as in Bible Center Pittsburgh) and the password is the same, bcp. There are additional resources for leaders by using the login bcp-leader and password Leader.
Casey, Kerri, Iris and August Clauser will be relocating to the Lancaster, Pa area in early June. Their last Sunday with their Bible Center family will be today, Sunday, May 26th. Please join us in wishing them God’s best in this next chapter of their life.
- Women's Bible Study is this Saturday, June
1st 9a-10a at Everyday Cafe (532 N. Homewood Ave. 15208). We are
continuing our study Journey to the Well. Please read Chapters 11
- Dinner and Book Discussion: "The Engagement Game: Why
I Said 'I Don't' to Marriage and 'I Do' To Me." by Joi-Marie
McKenzie. The book explores themes of singleness, faith, dating, the myth
of marital privilege, depression, healing, and self-love. We'll
talk about all this and anything else that's on your mind! If you're
interested in dinner and great conversation please get a copy of the book, READ
IT and join me on Saturday, June 1st at 6 p.m. at 11 Carmel Court,
Pittsburgh, PA (Pastor Cynthia's house).
- New summer hours! Everyday Café’s hours will be Monday – Thursday from 7 am – 8 pm and 7 am – 3 pm Friday – Sunday from June 3 through August 31. Come enjoy a refreshing beverage and enjoy a meal while you work, study, have a meeting, or socialize at Everyday Café this summer!
- IGH 412 Smoked Meats Sunday Picnic with Jacquea Mae, Sunday, June 2nd from 11am – 3pm. Menu includes Beef Brisket, Wings, Pulled Pork, and Grilled Portabella Medley (vegetarian). Side dishes include Yams, Fried Corn, and Vegetarian Pasta Salad. Tickets are $18.99 per plate for adults; $9.99 per plate for children 12 and under.
Children & Youth
- Vacation Bible School Minister Training: The second mandatory minister training is TODAY and the last one will be next Sunday, June 2nd. Both sessions will be held in the sanctuary immediately after service for about 1 hour. A complete list of our needed roles with responsibilities and time commitments is on the table in the lobby. Please contact Debralyn Woodberry-Shaw at ChildrenAndYouth@bcpgh.org if you want more information.
Green STEAM & Play: Summer Camp: Register your rising 3rd – 6th graders for 6 weeks of FREE, STEAM-focused fun! June 24 – August 2, Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 3 pm. Campers will play sports & games, go on field trips, and conduct hands-on experiments and engineering challenges, cooking lessons and more! Limited transportation is available for children in Homewood and East Hills. To fill out an application visit bit.ly/gspsummercamp. For more info please contact program manager, India Harris at 412-242-4920 or email email@example.com
Kudos, Concerns & Other Opportunities
Congratulations Amaya Harris for receiving the St. Joseph The Worker Scholarship based on her internship attendance, implemented solution, mindset, essay, honor roll and grade level sophistication of concept. Your Bible Center family is proud of you!
opportunity for high school students - The Sustainability Leadership Academy is a week-long
residential summer camp running August 4-10, 2019 that introduces high school
students to career options in sustainability, teaches leadership skills and helps
them develop a project plan over the course of the week. Full
and partial scholarships are available for students with financial need and
students of color. Scholarship application deadline is June 1st,
2019. To apply for a scholarship, send (1) the first 2 pages of
your 2018 Federal Tax Return or a letter describing your financial need and (2)
an Essay explaining student's interest in attending the SLA event and why
student should be considered for the scholarship (2 pages max) to http://firstname.lastname@example.org the subject title “SLA 2019 Scholarship
- Financial Empowerment: The Homewood Brushton YMCA has partnered with Neighborhood Allies, the Mayor's
Office, and Advantage Credit Counseling to host a financial counselor at the Y
two days a week. The counselor will provide FREE financial services ranging
from credit repair to budgeting. Those interested can call 1-800-298-0237
to schedule an appointment.
- Debralyn Woodberry-Shaw is looking for Social Workers interested in speaking to a group of teens and/or providing them a shadowing experience this summer. She is running a pilot program with the Homewood Children's Village Learn and Earn site to expose them to all types of social work careers and change the perception of the social work field. Please contact her at email@example.com if you are interested or complete the following form: bit.ly/socialworksummerprogram.
Thrivent Financial, a Christian financial services organization is looking to hire a financial representative – training is provided. If interested please contact Christin Thorpe at 412-310-5216 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.