Please join us in Corporate Prayer at the WARM Center on Friday, November 1st from 7 - 9pm.
Join the men of Bible Center for fellowship, Saturday October 26th at 10am at the Triplex (7238 Fleury Way).
Pastor John's 15th pastoral anniversary is next month on Sunday, November 17th. One of the ways we plan to show Pastor John our love and appreciation is to present him with a slide show with pictures of him highlighting the work that has been done over the past 15 years and we need your help! Please send any photos you have of Pastor John from way back when up through current day to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, November 11th. Thank you!
We are blessed that God has called leaders after His own heart to serve at Bible Center. Please join us for a Leadership Installation Service on Sunday, October 27th at 4pm at the WARM Center. A light reception will follow.
Pop Up Mall
Please help spread the word about our upcoming Pop Up Mall - Saturday, December 7 from 9 am until 4 pm. Sign-ups are open for vendors at bcpgh.info/popup. The Pop Up Mall is also a great place to pick up some thoughtful gifts for loved ones, or treat yourself! Flyers for distribution are available at the information table.
Margaret and Tyrone Self invite you to join them for a birthday celebration for Janie Miller on Saturday, October 26th at 3 p.m. at Seneca Place, 5360 Salsburg Rd., Verona, PA. 15147. Please RSVP to Margaret at 412-760-1661.
Children and Youth Ministry
- Fall Festival: Families and children of all ages are invited to join us for free food, games, face painting, and activities! Saturday, October 26th from 11am - 3pm at the WARM Center (717 N. Homewood Ave). Donations of candy and magazines for the vision boards should be turned in today. If you plan to make or purchase cakes or cupcakes for the cake walk please sign up at the back table. All cakes can be brought in the day of or the day before the event on the 26th.
- Memory Verse: “The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in Him, and I am helped.” Psalm 28:7 Children's Church members remember if you recite your memory verse next Sunday including the book, chapter, and verse number during Children's Church you will receive a prize point.
Christmas Program Practice
Preparation for Bible Center’s annual Christmas play is underway! This year’s production promises to be a combination of funny and soul stirring. Actors, singers, dancers, stage crew and helping hands are all welcomed. Our first rehearsal is scheduled for Thursday, October 24th at 7:30pm here at the W.A.R.M. Center. Please see Sister Alberta Grate for more info.
Oasis Farm & Fishery Harvest Fest
Our very own Oasis Farm & Fishery is having a harvest festival to commemorate the growing season on Thursday October 24th from 5-7pm. Families are invited to come enjoy free food, STEAM activities, cooking demos, pumpkin decorating, and more!
Kudos, Concerns & Other Opportunities:
- Bible Center is looking for a part-time Children and Youth
Administrator. Responsibilities include curriculum selection and
distribution, scheduling ministers for Children's Church, BC Kids, First
Fridays (youth group), home visits and Sunday van drivers for children.
This person is also responsible for leading the planning for Vacation Bible
School. There is a position description on bcpgh.info. Training will be provided. Please see Steve Davis
or email email@example.com for more information.
- Free Medicare open enrollment event- One-hour consultations are available by appointment only. To make an appointment please contact the Allegheny County APPRISE office at 412-661-1438 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to bring your Medicare A/B card, current Medicare or employer coverage plan info, and a list of current medications with dosage and frequency.
- Community Care in the Community is a free one day seminar on spiritual and mental health care for veterans in our community on Monday, October 21 from 8am to 4pm at the Sheraton Station Square. Morning refreshments will be served. To register please call 412-822-1861 or email email@example.com.