It’s not too late to join a small group! We are on a journey to be transformed in every area of our lives.
- Sundays at 9:30, WARM Center
- Wednesdays at 6:30 pm at Everyday Café and the WARM Center
- Thursdays at 12:30 pm at Everyday Café
- Every other Saturday starting January 18th from 4-6pm at the home of Lelia Broughton (please call her at 412-452-7311; there is a sign-up sheet in the lobby.)
Cultural Bias Training
Saturday, January 18th, the Bible Center Leadership Team will participate in a cultural competency and anti-bias training with the Center for Race and Gender Equity of the YWCA Greater Pittsburgh. The training will be held at the WARM Center from 10 to Noon. If you are interested in participating, please RSVP to the church office by Wednesday, January 15th.
2019 Giving Statements will be available Sunday, January 26th. If you desire to have yours prior to that date, please contact the church office at 412-242-4920 and allow 3 days for processing.
The Church Has Left the Building!
If you’re interested in being a part of the Outreach Team, we are planning great things for the community this year. We will have a brief meeting TODAY, immediately following the worship service. Please see Sister Lelia Broughton for more information.
Marriage Ministry Winter Picnic
Join the married couples for an afternoon of fun, games and great food on Saturday, January 25th, 4-5:30pm at Everyday Café. All couples are encouraged to come and bring a dish to share. The church will provide BBQ ribs and chicken, lemonade, iced tea and dessert. Please RSVP to the church office by 1/20/2020.
Women’s Ministry Birthday Bash
Friday, January 31st at 6pm at Pastor Cynthia’s home (11 Carmel Court, Pittsburgh, PA 15221.) We will have food, fun and games as we celebrate ALL of our 2020 birthdays! Please see Pastor Cynthia or Sister Maxcine Groce for additional information.
Elementary school-aged children are invited to join the Maker’s Clubhouse for Dream STEAM 2020 on Martin Luther King Day (January 20th) from 9am-3pm at the WARM Center. Children will experience a full day of hands-on science experiments, engineering activities, interactive presentations and more! All participants will receive breakfast, lunch and a snack. The goal of this event is to spark an interest in STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art and math) in more children of color.
If you would like to volunteer to run an activity or serve as a general volunteer, please contact India Harris at 412-242-4920 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are unable to volunteer, but would still like to help, please consider making a donation at
bit.ly/dreamsteam2020. Your donation of $40 will help provide transportation, meals, and experiments and activities to inspire one child's STEAM dreams.
Children & Youth Ministry
- SAVE THE DATE: Vacation Bible School will be held June 15-19.
- Field Trip: Children, K-8th grade, our first field trip of the year will be Saturday, February 1st to the Children's Museum of Pittsburgh. We are providing limited transportation and plan to leave the WARM Center at 11:00a for pickups. If you are interested in your child attending or if you'd like to chaperone, please RSVP to Sister Toni Lewis (email@example.com) by Sunday, January 26th.
- Solomon Awards: Parents/Guardians of kindergartners through 12th graders please submit your children's first semester/trimester grades by February 16th to Sister Stephanie Lewis or Sister Kiva Fisher-Green in person or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Those that made honor roll will be recognized on February 23rd with monetary awards of $10(K-5), $15(6-8), $20(9-12) and a trophy.
Everyday Café –Everyday Café is now hiring team members! Being a team member means having the opportunity to be an excellent barista and a leader in customer service. For more information, contact email@example.com or stop by the Café at 532 North Homewood Avenue to fill out an application.