Wear your college gear next Sunday and be a part of the celebration! A reception will be held immediately following service. Please check the list in the lobby to ensure your college/ university is represented - if it is on the list put a check by it and if it is not add it. Any school without a check will be removed.
If you are assisting with Education Sunday in any way, please plan to meet today after service in the WARM Center Sanctuary.
- Budgeting workshop, facilitated by Citizens Bank at Everyday Café, Tuesday July 9, from 6 – 8 pm. Learn some budget tips to accomplish your financial goals!
- Poetry & Prose with (Sub)Verses Social Collective – Saturday, July 13th from 1-2pm at Everyday Café. Come out for a great series of poetry readings.
Children & Youth
- Memory Verse: “With man this is impossible, but not with God; with God all things are possible.” Mark 10:27 (NIV) Kindergartners-6th graders remember if you recite your memory verse next Sunday including the book, chapter, and verse number during Children's Church you will receive a prize point.
- First Fridays: Middle and High Schoolers this month's First Fridays will be this Friday July 12th 6:30p-9:30p. Please RSVP to Sister Debralyn Woodberry-Shaw if you need transportation.
- Solomon Awards: Parents/Guardians of kindergartners through 12th graders please submit your children's last semester/trimester grades by today to Sister Stephanie Lewis or Sister Kiva Fisher-Green. Report cards can also be emailed to ChildrenAndYouth@bcpgh.org. Students with A's and/or B's will be recognized on Education Sunday next Sunday with a monetary award and a trophy.
Deborah is having a boy! The shower will be here at the WARM Center, July 13th from 1-4pm. RSVP to Sister Deborah Taylor at 412-758-9385. The registry is on Amazon.com and Target.com under the name, Deborah & Jerry Johnson, Irving, TX.
Adult Literacy Tutors Needed
Make a difference! Literacy Pittsburgh is offering a free volunteer tutor training at St. Nicholas Greek Orthodox Cathedral. No teaching experience is necessary. Join us on July 22 and 23 from 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm. (Must attend both sessions.) Pre-registration required. Call 412-393-7645 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. For more details about tutoring students in reading and writing or English as a Second Language, visit www.literacypittsburgh.org/volunteers.
The University of Pittsburgh’s Community Engagement Center (CEC) in Homewood is seeking an Outreach Coordinator to support resident and community involvement in the CEC and serve as a point-of-contact to Pitt units housed in the center. For more info or to apply, visit bcpgh.info for the link or search Outreach Coordinator on Pitt’s career portal.